The first time I tried fish tacos was in Seattle on my honeymoon. I fell in love with them! There are lots of ways to embellish them. I'll list the options after the recipe.
1 lb. fresh or frozen tilapia or orange roughy
2 T. butter, melted
2 t. Adobo Chicken seasoning (or granulated chicken bouillon)
1/4 t. ground cumin
1/8 t. garlic powder
(for some added spice, add a few drops of Tabasco)
1. Heat oven to 450. Thaw fish if frozen. Cut fish fillets crosswise into 1" slices. Place fish in a single layer in a greased shallow pan.
2. Combine butter, chicken seasoning/bouillon, cumin, garlic powder and tabasco. Brush over fish.
3. Bake for 4 - 6 minutes or until fish flakes when pierced with a fork.
4. Squeeze fresh lime juice over fish and serve in warm tortillas. Makes about 6 tacos.
1. Mixture of 2 T. mayo, 2 T. sour cream (or plain yogurt), 1 t. lime juice
2. Black beans
4. Fresh salsa
6. Shredded cabbage
7. Shredded Colby Jack or Mexican blend cheese
Be creative and enjoy. This one is a winner :)