This great sauce came from a Rachael Ray magazine years ago. It's a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving turkey and is great the next day on top of your turkey sandwich!
Makes 2 1/2 cups
1 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
2 t. finely chopped fresh ginger
2 t. grated orange peel
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. ground cloves
1 - 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water with the sugar, cinnamon stick, fresh ginger, orange peel, salt and cloves. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the cranberries and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and remove the cinnamon stick. Let cool
(This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge)
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Sunday, June 25, 2017
· 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· 3 Tbsp BBQ seasoning (McCormick's has a version in the spice aisle)
· 1 cup peach preserves
· 1-1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
· 1 Tbsp dry mustard
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
· 3/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. chicken with BBQ seasoning on both sides.
2. Whisk together peach preserves, soy sauce, dry , garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
3. chicken on grill until almost done, approximately 6 minutes per side.
4. Brush chicken generously on both sides with peach mixture during final minutes of . Serve leftover sauce on the side with the chicken.
(This would also be great on pork!)