Search This Blog

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Peanut Butter Bars

I got this recipe from my aunt when I was college and found I could make them in my dorm using the microwave in the lobby and my 9 x 13 pan (because don't all college girls have a 9 x 13?).  I had a group of guy friends who formed a hockey league on Thursdays and lovingly called me their "hockey mum", mostly because I had a car and drove them to games.  I made these bars for them on a regular basis, so they became known as "Hockey Bars".  

Peanut Butter Bars (a.k.a. "Hockey Bars")

10 graham crackers, crushed (I put them through a food processor, but they can be crushed by putting them in a ziplok bag and smushing them with a cup or meat tenderizer!)
1 c. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 stick butter, divided (and softened)
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, 3/4 stick of butter and powdered sugar.  Press into bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Cool in fridge or in freezer to speed up the process!

Melt chocolate chips and remaining butter (1/4 stick) in microwave until smooth.  Pour on top of PB mixture and chill in fridge until hardened.  

Cut into bars and enjoy! 

1 comment: