This came from one of my favorite grilling cookbooks: Weber's Real Grilling
1/2 c. white wine
1/4 c. olive oil
2 t. minced garlic
2 t. finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 lb. large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
2 red bell peppers
20 slices good quality French bread, each about 2" in diameter and 1/4" thick
Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. pine nuts
2 T. finely chopped parsley
4 oz. goat cheese
1. To make the marinade: in a medium bowl, whisk the marinated ingredients. Place the mushrooms in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag several times to distribute the ingredients. Allow the mushrooms to marinate at room temperature for 1 - 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Grill the bell peppers on direct heat until they are blackened (or in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes). Place the peppers in a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap to trap the steam. Set aside for at least 10 minutes, then peel the skins and discard the stems and seeds.
3. Shake any excess moisture from the the mushrooms. Grill over medium heat until tender, 8 - 10 minutes (or in 400 degree oven). Lightly brush or spray the slices of bread on both sides with olive oil. Grill over medium heat until lightly toasted (or in oven 1 - 2 minutes).
4. In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the pine nuts until lightly toasted, 5 -10 minutes; shaking the pan occasionally.
5. Very finely chop the bell peppers, mushrooms, and pine nuts, and combine all of them in a medium bowl. Add the parsley and stir. Spread a very thin layer of goat cheese on one side of each slice of bread. Arrange about 1 T. of mushroom mixture on top of each.