1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. ground allspice
1/4 t. ground cloves
4 boneless loin pork chops
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
1/4 c. red wine
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/3 c. finely chopped red onion
1/3 c. dried cherries
1 - 2" strip lemon peel
2 T. minced fresh ginger
1 t. brown sugar
1/2 t. chopped fresh thyme (or dried thyme)
1/2 T. balsamic vinegar
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1. Mix the flour, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper, allspice and cloves in a bowl.
2. Add the pork chops and coat well.
3. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet.
4. Add the pork chops. Cook for 7 to 8 min or until cooked through, turning once
5. Remove the pork chops to a platter and keep warm.
6. Add the red wine, chicken broth, red onion, dried cherries, lemon peel, ginger, brown sugar, thyme, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 t. salt and 1/4 t. pepper to the pan drippings in the skillet.
7. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
8. Discard the lemon peel. Pour sauce over the pork chops. Serve over rice or egg noodles.